Network Engineer – Norwich
Job title: Network Engineer, Norwich
The technical team supports FreeClix operations, serving the networking and communications requirements of its direct customers and channel partners through hands-on and remote technical pre-sales advice, network design, management and support.
The ideal candidate for this position will have solid network engineering and routing skills and be a reliable self-starter who enjoys problem solving. They must be customer-orientated and want to use their passion for continual service improvement to support our quality goals and continually improve our service.
They will play a key role in supporting the company’s operations during an exciting period of sales growth into new and existing markets. The technical team will expand in 2019 to support the continued growth of SimRush connectivity products in the UK and abroad.
- Perform installations, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of networks, software, VoIP services and peripheral hardware for clients in small to medium-sized network environments.
- Perform network testing and performance troubleshooting as needed to resolve issues involving DNS, DHCP, VPN, Firewall Policies, QoS etc.
- Create and maintain documentation in helpdesk relating to client sites, support tickets, configuration items, network designs etc.
- Perform ongoing maintenance and troubleshoot issues to maintain ISP hosting hardware and software, including database, storage and backup servers (Linux and Windows) and ensure regular patch management is maintained.
- Training and support of new technical employees.
Qualifications & Working Knowledge
- Minimum 2 years work experience in a similar environment with demonstrable experience with LAN, and WAN design and implementation, network capacity planning, security principles and best practice.
- A good working knowledge of following systems, protocols & technologies:
- TCP/IP, VLANs, DNS, DHCP, VPNs Firewall Policies etc.
- Office365, Active Directory, MS Exchange.
- Hosting services.
- IPv4 (IPv6 ideal).
- Server virtualisation, VMs.
- VoIP, SIP, QoS.
- Desirable certification(s) : MikroTik MTCNA, MTCRE or MTCWE or equivalent.
- 33 days annual leave including bank holidays.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Preferential ‘Friends & Family’ telecomms tariff for up to 5 users.
Contract: Full Time Permanent (subject to 3 months probationary period)
Recruitment process: Apply in the first instance by CV and covering letter to HR@freeclix.com
Recruitment agencies who are registered on our ‘Preferred Suppliers List’ and have agreed T&Cs with FreeClix will be the only agencies we use. FreeClix does not accept non PSL agency CVs.
Please do not forward speculative CVs to FreeClix or any FreeClix employee without prior authorisation from HR. FreeClix will not pay any fees related to candidates that have been introduced by non PSL suppliers and FreeClix do not accept agency terms and conditions.