Junior Network and Telecoms Engineer, Rackheath, Norwich
Job title: Junior Network and Telecoms Engineer, Rackheath, Norwich
The technical team supports FreeClix operations, serving the networking and communications requirements of its direct customers and channel partners through hands-on and remote technical pre-sales advice, provisioning of products and support.
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience in an IT support environment. They must enjoy talking to customers on the phone and be committed to providing quality customer service.
They will play a key role in supporting the company’s operations during an exciting period of sales growth into new and existing markets. The technical team will expand in 2019 to support the continued growth of SimRush connectivity products in the UK and abroad.
- Provide first level technical support to our direct customers and channel partners, with responsibility for receiving all incoming requests for technical support via phone, email, and the customer web portal.
- Provide initial troubleshooting with the customer for connectivity issues including, VoIP, WLR, WAN/LAN, SimRush,
- Monitors and responds to all incoming email, telephone and customer Portal requests in a timely manner.
- Maintains all open tickets, providing continual ticket updates to the customer, and ensuring that tickets are updated regularly.
- Assist the technical team to troubleshoot and resolve customers’ issues by performing investigative work on customer products using remote support tools.
- Create and maintain documentation in helpdesk relating to client sites, support tickets, configuration items, network designs etc.
- Order VoIP, SaaS and WLR services using supplier platform, configuration of new users and devices.
- Configure networking hardware ready for despatch.
Qualifications & Working Knowledge
1 years experience in a similar public-facing support role.
Communication and analytical skills (excellent command of the English language is required).
- 33 days annual leave including bank holidays.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Preferential ‘Friends & Family’ telecomms tariff for up to 5 users.
Contract: Full Time Permanent (subject to 3 months probationary period)
Recruitment process: Apply in the first instance by CV and covering letter to HR@freeclix.com
Recruitment agencies who are registered on our ‘Preferred Suppliers List’ and have agreed T&Cs with FreeClix will be the only agencies we use. FreeClix does not accept non PSL agency CVs.
Please do not forward speculative CVs to FreeClix or any FreeClix employee without prior authorisation from HR. FreeClix will not pay any fees related to candidates that have been introduced by non PSL suppliers and FreeClix do not accept agency terms and conditions.