To ensure you get the best from your products please read the following information to find out what is and is not included and what information we need to get in order to enable us to plan your SimRush installation.
In order to get the best possible performance from your SimRush hardware the equipment must be installed accurately and cable needs to be laid and terminated properly. We only use SimRush Accredited Installers for installations at our customers premises.
Before we book your installation and confirm the price, we will need to ask you some questions to enable us to decide which one of our three types of install you need.
We offer two levels of standard Installation:
Standard Installations include either up to a 20 metre (Level 1) or 40 metre (Level 2) cable run. Cable run length is dependent on your property size and the distance between the location of the Outdoor Unit (ODU) and the SimRush Controller.
Standard installation – what’s included?
- Installation of the ODU to a suitable mounting location.
- Installation of the Cat5e external grade cable from ODU (run up to 20 or 40 metres) to a suitable single point (in the same building to which the ODU is mounted) via an agreed entry point to the premises.
- All cabling will be run externally, on all installs holes will be drilled for cable access.
- Any internal cable will be surfaced mounted (e.g tacked to the skirting board & terminated within a wall box.)
- The cable shall be terminated with the required Cat5e terminal and all wall entry holes will be properly sealed against the elements.
- A test of the bandwidth will be carried out to confirm that the new equipment is fully operational.
If you have any other specific premises requirements for your install over and above the standard installation features outlined above then please discuss this with us.
The standard installation may not be suitable for all premises, for example if your property is over two stories high, is a listed building or you require all cable to be hidden. In such cases a site survey will need to be undertaken prior to installation to produce a bespoke quote. Please discuss this us so we can advise you.
If, after our initial questions, we determine your requirements cannot be served by a standard installation, we will provide a quote for a bespoke installation. The quote may be subject to on-site survey depending on the outcome of our initial questions.
Please note the following information for all installation types:
- The purchaser needs to be at the premises during the installation or to nominate another person to attend and act on their behalf. The installation will need to be signed by the customer in order to activate product support.
- The most optimal place at the premises for the ODU to be mounted will be determined by the installer who will advise you of the location they intend to install it. If there are multiple options available, you will be asked to select your preferred option. Prior to commencing the install the installer will discuss the locations of the ODU and the Simrush Controller with the customer. If you instruct the installer to install the ODU in a different location to the one(s) advised, then you accept that the speeds you achieve with the hardware may be reduced.
- If you want to have your ODU installed in a specific location at you premises only then you will should arrange a site survey to ensure the speeds, you desire can be achieved.
- We do not provide or control in any way the 4G data network which your SimRush used to access the internet. Our equipment is rated to 150/90 Mbps but the actual speeds you will achieve are subject to the limits of the carrier’s network and may vary.
- Our installers can connect your existing WiFi network to the SimRush, this does not form part of the SimRush installation and the service is only provided by prior arrangement. You will need to provide the login credentials of your WiFi to us to enable us to do this.
- We will always do our best to accommodate change requests. However, if requests for changes are not agreed by us prior to the engineer attending site the changes may mean the engineer is unable to start / complete the install as it could not be completed within the original allotted timescales. In such circumstances a new appointment will need to be made and the customer will be liable for an install cancellation fee of £100 +vat.
- We do not use existing / old cable for our installations unless certified in writing by us prior to install.
- We do not hide cable unless by prior agreement and after survey. See “Standard installation – what’s included? “
- Bespoke installations may have a written specification document produced by us and sent to the customer. Once the position of the hardware and cabling in a premises has been agreed by a customer any changes that are required should be advised to us 48 hours prior to the install. If the required changes mean extra time is required for the installation to be completed, then further installation charges for labour and / or materials may be made at our standard rates.
- Completion times in all quotes are estimates; actual time will be invoiced following completion of work. N.B: All On-site labour may be subject to mileage
- An installation cancellation fee of £100 + vat in the case of a standard installation, or 50% of the installation fee in the case of a bespoke installation shall apply in these circumstances :
- Purchaser or nominated person not at premises to attend install.
- Installer turned away from premises.
- Despatched hardware not available e.g customer has failed to arrange a redelivery from the courier, failed to collect hardware from post office or other depot.
- Customer premises not accessible in full or relevant part.
- Customer own provided sim not available to use at install.
If you are unsure of any of the above please contact us before confirming your installation.