When roaming in one of the RLAH countries, You can use your domestic bundles as you would at home, meaning reduced risk of out of bundle charges and bill shock. Roam Like At Home (RLAH) legislation has been in place since 2017. It is relevant to the United Kingdom, all member countries of the European Union, plus other destinations in Europe outside of the European Union such as Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
Destinations covered by RLAH policy
Europe Zone 1: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canary Islands, Croatia, Cyprus (excluding Turkish sector), Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French territories (French Guiana/ Guadeloupe/Martinique/Mayotte/Reunion and Saint Martin), Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy (inc. Vatican City), Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal (inc. Madeira), Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain (inc. Balearic Islands), Sweden.
Europe Zone 2: Guernsey, Jersey, Isle of Man, Faroe Islands, San Marino, Switzerland.
Roam Like at Home Summary
With RLAH you get access to the following based on your domestic bundle allowances when roaming in the inclusive destinations:
- Data usage (Fair usage policy applies)
- Calls & texts to the UK (to any UK mobile or standard fixed-line number e.g. 01, 02, 03)
- Calls & texts within the same zone (mobile/ standard fixed-line number)
- Receiving calls & texts when in a RLAH country
- Calls to emergency services (i.e. 999 or 112)
- Calls to UK freephone numbers
- Calls to voicemail
The following are not included within RLAH:
- Calls to non-geographical and premium numbers
- Calls and texts to worldwide destinations (ROW zones 1-4)
- Calls and texts to international destinations from the UK
- Calls and texts to another EU zone from an EU zone (i.e. from zone 1 to zone 2)
Last updated November 2021