Job title: IT Apprentice
Level 4 + IT Apprenticeship in Cyber security
Level 4 + IT Apprenticeship in Hardware, network, cloud & infrastructure
The technical team supports FreeClix operations, serving the networking and communications requirements of its direct customers and channel partners through hands-on and remote technical support, pre-sales advice, and provisioning of products.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to develop a career in networking while studying for a recognised qualification at level 4. You must enjoy talking to customers on the phone and be committed to providing quality customer service.
You will play a key role in the technical team as it expands in 2019 to support the continued growth of our 4G LTE product “SimRush” in the UK and abroad.
You will have the opportunity to gain knowledge and understanding of the following specific areas:
- LAN / WAN
- Routers, Switches, Networking Hardware, Wireless and related protocols
- IP addressing, Subnetting and VLANS
- Firewalls and security
- Telecommunication systems
- Cloud based technologies; SaaS, PaaS, IaaS and NaaS
- Microsoft 365 and Server Infrastructure
- ICT operating procedures
- Providing first level technical support to our direct customers and channel partners, from incoming requests via phone, email, and our helpdesk, whilst adhering to agreed Service Levels.
- Monitors and responds to all incoming email, telephone and helpdesk requests in a timely manner Provide initial troubleshooting for our customers for connectivity issues including, VoIP, WLR (Phone & Broadband), WAN/LAN Connectivity, WiFi and SimRush.
- Work with the technical team to troubleshoot and resolve customers’ issues by performing investigative work on customer products using remote support tools or site visit.
- Create and maintain documentation in helpdesk relating to client sites, support tickets, configuration items, network designs etc.
- Order VoIP, SaaS and WLR services using supplier platform, configuration of new users and devices.
- Configure networking hardware ready for despatch.
- Complete Apprentice coursework, case studies, training and studies.
- Keen and enthusiastic about IT, Networking and Technology.
- Communication and analytical skills (excellent command of the English language is required).
- Five GCSEs (or equivalent) of grades A*-C including maths, English and IT/Science
- Ideally, although not essential, you will also possess an A-level (or equivalent) in ICT
What to expect at the end of your Apprenticeship:
Upon the completion of this apprenticeship there may be the opportunity to progress to a Degree Apprenticeship.
The training you will be getting:
You will work with experienced network engineers and be trained in all aspects of the role and gain experience to provide evidence your knowledge and learning. You will attend off-site training for your apprenticeship modules, for which expenses will be paid.
You will be trained and certified in Mikrotik and Ubiquiti hardware.
- 33 days annual leave including bank holidays.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Preferential ‘Friends & Family’ telecomms tariff for up to 5 users.
Contract: Full Time Permanent (subject to successful completion of apprenticeship training)
To apply for the role please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com